Welcome to Little Steps!
We offer daycare, out of school care, and preschool classes to families in and around the Calgary and Airdrie area.
Through child-led, inquiry-based activities, we provide children opportunities to explore and discover the world around them at their own pace and in their own way. At Little Steps, it’s about the journey, not the destination.
- children have a unique learning path, and should be given an opportunity to learn in their own way, choose their own tasks, and work at their own pace.
- children should have control over the direction of their learning and must be able to learn through experiences of touching, moving, listening, and observing.
- our role is to support our students as they explore the world around them, not to limit their learning by exclusively teaching to our viewpoint or understanding.
- subjects should be experienced, not taught.
- in nurturing curiosity, imagination, and creativity.
- children should be taught how to think, not what to think, and to develop themselves as well-rounded individuals with an innate curiosity and love of learning.
We are committed to establishing a positive and communicative relationship with children and their families and believe that this is essential in creating an atmosphere of respect and trust. We recognize that our purpose is to support the communities we serve and the families in our care. We share with you the opportunity and responsibility of caring for your child and welcome your involvement and ideas throughout your child’s stay at Little Steps.
We are confident that our child-centred philosophy, experienced educators, and unparalleled love for our industry will provide you with the best possible early education and child care experience, but don’t just take our word for it! Contact us at any one of our locations to schedule a tour and learn more about our program.