- the creation of safe and loving environments in which children learn through open ended play, explore their natural outdoor environment, learn problem solving skills and are provided with opportunities for creative thinking and self expression.
- an emphasis on learning through the arts.
- the facilitation of a love of learning by making time each day to create, move, sing, discuss, observe, read and play.
- periods of uninterrupted free time for exploration with open ended, child-selected materials.
- the creation of environments where children can simply be children.
Our diverse staff of educators comes with extensive backgrounds in Early Childhood Development and are dedicated to the creation of child-centred, hands-on, play-based environments for young children. They provide a wonderful blend of experience and knowledge and have a passion for teaching young children. All Little Steps staff are Alberta Certified and possess a current First Aid Certificate and Police Clearance.
Our Program Accepts Subsidy
Subsidy through Alberta Child and Youth Services is available to families who’s combined annual income is less than $180,000.
Click below for more details on qualifications and how to apply (you will need line 50 from your latest Notice of Assessment to apply).
Monday to Friday, 7am to 6pm
Open 12 months of the year.
Closed statutory holidays.
Due at time of registration to confirm placement
Full Time Care (for children ages 19 months to under 3 years)
$1,175 per month
($665/month after Affordability Grant)
Full Time Care (for children ages 3 years and up)
$1,075 per month
($625/month after Affordability Grant)
Food is not provided. A microwave, toaster and fridge are available for use if needed.